Le notizie dei principali magazine musicali online del mondo. In ordine sparso potrete leggere in tempo reale gli ultimi cinque articoli pubblicati dalle riviste scelte. Buona lettura. (La redazione)
- "Black Moonlight" is the second of three new songs from "Danse Macabre."
- Reba McEntire and Sofie Dossi created a "country meets contortion" moment for the "America’s Got Talent" results show.
- The second annual ceremony was held Wednesday, Sept. 20 in Auckland.
- Owusu takes charge with seven nominations, ahead of Troye Sivan, Kylie Minogue, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard and others.
- The British singer and producer credits Rodrigo for helping her navigate the often-complicated music industry
- “Our goal is to protect the fans and the team,” the artist’s labels said in a statement, who noted the decision was made “for the safety of everyone involved”
- Stax, who had been living with metastatic cancer, was a founding member of the Virginia hardcore band
- Originally scheduled for November 2023, both sides agreed to postpone the trial until the end of next year
- The band’s first new single for Dirty Hit and first taste of a forthcoming album
- Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, and Lucy Dacus’ latest visual from The Record was created by Lauren Tsai
- The singer explains she is "living with heartbreak again" and has "gotten sick half a dozen times"
- The Swiftposium 2024 will examine the star's influence on the music industry, pop culture, and the economy
- The event arose from the Strike Force Five podcast, which also features Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert
- Petty had been previously sentenced to three years probation for failing to register as a sex offender
- Childers' Can I Take My Hounds to Heaven? snags Album of the Year, while both Strings and the War and Treaty repeat in their categories
The Independent Music
- Transport chaos and emergency services step in amidst Hurricane Nigel chaos
- Former soldier Daniel Khalife has pleaded not guilty at the Old Bailey to escaping custody at HMP Wandsworth where he was on remand after being charged with terror offences earlier this year.
- The government’s appointments watchdog found that Mr Johnson had committed a ‘clear and unambiguous breach’ of the rules over his Daily Mail column
- Dame Carolyn reflected on how the industry is handling abuses of power within its ranks at the Royal Television Society Cambridge conference.
- The Mercedes driver is refusing to dwell on his last-lap crash in Singapore which cost him a podium
- Scream drummer Bennett Kent Stacks, aka Kent Stax, has died, as the band announced in an Instagram post. “Kent is the original heartbeat of Scream,” they wrote. “Though we have had to continue on without him before, we have always known Kent is irreplaceable. He was one of a kind. In addition to being a […]
- Bleachers haven’t been super-busy lately, but frontman Jack Antonoff is a constant presence in the news anyway. When a whole bunch of the world’s most famous and successful pop stars have decided that you’re their favorite collaborator, that’ll happen. Bleachers released Take The Sadness Out Of Saturday Night, their most recent album, in 2021. Since […]
- For a while now, Triple B Records has been putting on America’s Hardcore Fest, as an accompaniment of sorts to the label’s popular America’s Hardcore series of compilations. That festival returned last year for the first time since 2019, and it will take place once again this December — but it’s being billed as the […]
- Florence Pugh, last seen by most reading the Bhagavad Gita in Oppenheimer, can sing, and she’s used those talents in some of her movies, writing a couple originals for her role in Zach Braff’s A Good Person and recording a song with co-star Harry Styles for Don’t Worry Darling. Today, she’s featured in an acoustic […]
- Juliana Hatfield is still a couple months out from releasing Juliana Hatfield Sings ELO, her full-length tribute to Electric Light Orchestra that arrives after similar ones for Olivia Newton-John and the Police. She’s shared her takes on “Don’t Bring Me Down” and “Can’t Get It Out Of My Head” so far, and today she’s offering […]
- The game must be "aspirational" in all aspects, said the developer The post ‘Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2’ combat is like “playing with your food” appeared first on NME.
- The moment is heard in his 2013 song ‘Retrograde’ The post Brian Eno ribs James Blake over his use of “the asshole chord” appeared first on NME.
- Do you agree with the list? The post This is the best TV show of the past 25 years, according to fans appeared first on NME.
- Eric Clapton and Stephen Stills help raise millions for controversial Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Presidential campaignKennedy is running for the Democratic party and is a loud opponent of the COVID vaccine The post Eric Clapton and Stephen Stills help raise millions for controversial Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Presidential campaign appeared first on NME.
- With their self-titled album the Japanese four-piece draws inspiration from their heritage while boldly dancing forward The post CHAI – ‘CHAI’ review: glittery, innovative city pop appeared first on NME.
- The Mexican singer has allegedly referenced a rival cartel in his music. Peso Pluma Cancels Tijuana Concert Following Cartel Threats Carys Anderson
- The "Mule Pull '24 Tour" runs through the summer. Learn how to get sold-out tickets here. How to Get Tickets to Tyler Childers’ Sold-Out 2024 Tour Bryan Kress
- The "In the Air Tour" launches in March. Get details and pre-sale info here. How to Get Tickets to Kane Brown’s 2024 Tour Bryan Kress
- The "Stick Season" singer will host arena and stadium shows throughout the summer. Get details and pre-sale info here. How to Get Tickets to Noah Kahan’s 2024 Tour Bryan Kress
- CEO Bjørn Gulden gave his insights into the end of adidas' partnership with West, defending the rapper and lamenting the loss of income. Adidas CEO Thinks Kanye West “Didn’t Mean” Hateful Comments, Laments “Very Sad” Loss of Business Jo Vito
- TONIGHT IN NYC Death Grips @ Brooklyn Steel Black Country, New Road, Daneshevskaya @ Knockdown Center Better Lovers @ Saint Vitus Bar The Soul Rebels, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane @ Brooklyn Bowl Eddie Izzard @ Beacon Theatre Teenage Wrist, Spiritual Cramp, Trauma Ray @ Brooklyn Made Julie Byrne, Leya, Marem Ladson @ Bowery Ballroom Ray […]
- Having broken up in early 2017, not long after releasing 2016’s Apology, the beloved Chicago hardcore band Weekend Nachos are now back! They announced that they’ll open Harms Way‘s Common Suffering record release show in Chicago on November 18 at Metro with All Out War, Fleshwater, and Ingrown; and they’ll play Maryland Deathfest 2024. They […]
- Here’s a roundup of recent tour news. Check the Tour Dates category for more. 2MANYDJS The Dewaele brothers are bringing 2ManyDJs to San Francisco’s Portola Festival and the Despacio tent at Miami’s III Points and have a few shows lined up in between, including a just-announced LA date at September 30 at Los Globos for the A […]
- So many artists, so many songs, so little time. Each week we review a handful of new albums (of all genres), round up even more new music that we’d call “indie,” and talk about what metal is coming out. We post music news, track premieres, and more all day. We update a playlist weekly of […]
- Nick Cave began his fall solo tour on Tuesday night (9/19) at Asheville, NC’s Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. Accompanied by Colin Greenwood of Radiohead on bass, he played for two and a half hours, abandoning the setlist halfway through to take requests from the crowd. Two of Nick’s collaborative tracks with Warren Ellis from 2021’s Carnage, […]
- He said the songs are heavy. Continue reading…
- Papa Het had some doubts in the studio. Continue reading…
- Exploring the origins of the subgenre's name. Continue reading…
- He likens it to what's going on now with entertainment writers. Continue reading…
- Do they match your four? Continue reading…
Ultimate Classic Rock
- The four bedroom home has stunning views and is described as an "unparalleled masterpiece." Continue reading…
- Randy Bachman is reviving the group, with founding bassist and singer Fred Turner also involved. Continue reading…
- Progressive rock legends played 600-person Mickey's Black Box in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Continue reading…
- "I Got a Name" was released, as planned, a day later and became a Top 10 hit. Continue reading…
- They seemed poised to build momentum, but things didn't go according to plan. Continue reading…
Under the Radar
- Joey Nebulous is the indie pop project of Chicago-based singer/songwriter Joseph Farago. The project first began in Farago’s college dorm room in 2015 and has since evolved with a new line-up and new collaborations, cementing Joey’s style of joyous, irreverent, playful, and unabashedly queer pop music.
- British duo Wings of Desire (Chloe Little and James Taylor) have announced a new singles collection, Life Is Infinite, and shared two new songs from it—“A Gun in Every Home” and “001 [Tame the War, Feed the Fire]”—as well as a live video for the former song.
- Sufjan Stevens is not known to over-share on social media, but he has posted a troubling update to Instagram to announce that he was recently diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, a rare auto immune disease that has severely affected his mobility, causing him to no longer be able to walk.
- Atlanta-born singer/songwriter Faye Webster has shared a new song, “Lifetime,” via a music video. She’s also announced some new UK and European tour dates, on top of her North American tour (which is completely sold out).
- Chelsea Wolfe has shared a new song, “Dusk,” and announced some new 2024 tour dates. The singer has also announced that she’s signed a new deal with Loma Vista Recordings.
- The new record for Tresor sees the legendary German producer link up with a 16-member choir
- In this month's Low Culture Essay, Christiana Spens looks to Berlin and Christiane F, the cult film of heroin addiction and sickness, and how it haunted her own life
- The third album by Night School Records boss Michael Kasparis evokes the halcyon electronics of Soft Cell, N-Trance … and Whigfield?
- Gentle Confrontation finds the Enfield IDM producer at her most personal and most inventive, finds Alastair Shuttleworth
- French producer harnesses field recordings and sounds of clanging metal for a gothic take on experimental hip hop, finds Arusa Qureshi
The Line of Best Fit
- Egyptian Blue today share pulsating new single "To Be Felt", from their hotly-anticipated debut album: A Living Commodity.
- Hey, Baby's music is all about being fearlessly authentic, bringing their own spin to diverse genres and sounds. Capturing post break-up lust and longing in its intoxicating mix of thrashing punk and electronic pop, latest track "XX" is a staggeringly layered and ultimately nourishing affair.
- AIM Award winner Jeshi – AKA Jesse Greenway – returns with his first release of 2023 with the brand new single, "Air Raid".
- Alex Lahey announces expanded edition of The Answer Is Always Yes, alongside the new single, "Newsreader".
- JOHN, on the cusp of releasing their latest full-length, tell Best Fit about cutting back the unnecessary, changing scenery, and the value of cinematic collaboration.
- The band’s comeback album One More Time… is due out October 20.
- The 92-year-old media mogul has appointed his son Lachlan to take his place.
- Three members of the K-pop group will perform at the New York festival, instead.
- Kenneth Petty was placed under home detention after posting social media video threatening Offset.
- Next month’s concert in the Mexican city is off after the CJNG Cartel intervened.
- It’s a Griselda and Pro Era affair. In preparation of his upcoming Noise Kandy 5, Rome Streetz links with Joey Bada$$ for the forthcoming project’s first single, “Fire At Ya Idle Mind”. Over Wavy Da Gawd’s scorching production, the two New York rappers deliver some of their most grittiest and competitive bars for their rivals. […]
- Happy Birthday Terius. In celebration another trip around the sun, The-Dream reaches into his vault and gifts his fans with his latest release, “Stream Stream (V7 Demo Archive 9.20)” On the mellow and unreleased track, the 45-year-old Grammy award winning singer and producer croons over a lost love. “It’s a cold world without you in […]
- Besitos, papi. Brent Faiyaz can’t get enough of love on his brand new single, “WY@”. Co-produced by Anthoine Walters, Berg, Dpat, Otxhello, and Jonathan Wells, the D.M.V. singer takes it to the bedroom and croons over a particular love affair that he can’t let go. “Even I know you bring no good for me / […]
- Bring the clique. TDE’s Doechii shifts back into gear and kicks it up a notch on her brand new single, “Pacer”. Directed by Nikko Lamere, the accompanying visual centers the Tampa rapper unleashing her lyrical while depicted in a series of striking outfits including a futuristic robot, a tribal warrior, a punk rocker, and more. […]
- Logic treats his fans with new music in the form of his Inglorious Basterd mixtape. Clocked in at 20 tracks, the Bandcamp exclusive includes a good chunk of unreleased music, demos, as well as freestyles over some of hip hop’s popular instrumentals. Titles include “Free Music”, “Rendezvous”, “Dark Place”, “Super High (Freestyle)”, “2am On Tour”, […]
- Photo by Keiki Knudsen Underworld, Overmono, Charlotte de Witte & more top our picks for this weekend’s dance music extravaganza CRSSD, the biannual electronic dance music extravaganza, returns to Waterfront Park in downtown San Diego this weekend with one of its best lineups yet. The gorgeous, picturesque venue that rests adjacent to the San Diego […]
- Dream pop meets lo-fi house on the NYC musician’s mesmerizing new single The dream pop to lo-fi house pipeline is alive and well these days, as exemplified by the incredible new single from Dorvin Borman. After releasing a string of dreamy, hazy singles between 2018 and 2021, the now-NYC-based musician took a bit of a […]
- British alt-rock legends deliver high-energy hit parade in Austin, TX Beloved indie rockers the Arctic Monkeys brought their North American 2023 tour to Austin, Texas on September 15, 2023. Their set spanned the band’s seven albums, ranging from fan favorites like “R U Mine?” to tracks off their newest album, like the opener “Sculptures of […]
- The legendary indie rock band thrilled NYC fans along with opener Kiwi Jr. As though no time had passed at all, the legendary indie rock outfit Pavement returned to New York City this past week to kick off a series of shows at live venue landmark Brooklyn Steel. Stephen Malkmus and company launched into a […]
- NYC dream pop maestro unveils captivating new single off upcoming LP yoyo Get ready to be swept away by the enchanting dream pop sounds of A Beacon School‘s latest single “Alone,” accompanied by a captivating lyric video. The track, mixed by Sonny DiPerri (known for his work with MBV, Trent Reznor, M83, DIIV), is another […]
- 30 Years Later: De La Soul Birth The Most Ambitious Album Of Prince Paul Era With ‘Buhloone Mindstate’The world of De La Soul is one of color and curiosity. The iconic trio has built an undeniable discography with their dedication to stretching the genre of Hip-hop to its furthest extent at its core. Recently, De La Soul’s discography was finally published to streaming services for our ears to relive the mystical lyrical […]
- While Nirvana only left three official studio albums in its wake, they are some of the purest examples of artistry available. The legendary grunge forefathers brought the sound of Seattle to the globe via deeply personal lyricism and muddy arrangements. There is little left to be said about Nirvana and even less to be desired […]
- The band Firefall are releasing the album Friends & Family on September 22nd via Sunset Blvd. Records. As the title suggests, this classic Rock band has turned their sights on their long history of touring with other bands that hail from 1960s and 1970s, and on their own experienced roster of players to recreate many […]
- The Collaborative KCB Collective (Benjamin Koppel, Scott Colley, Brian Blade) Deliver Varied, Improvisational Session on ‘Perspective’ (ALBUM REVIEW)You’ve seen the names of Danish altoist Benjamin Koppel and his American mates, bassist Scott Colley and drummer Brian Blade grace many jazz albums and, in Blade’s case, other genres as well. The three have been together as the chordless trio, dubbed the KCB Collective, for a decade now, and while they appeared as a […]
- Third Man Records-Blue Note Re-Release 1971’s Explorative Elvin Jones Quintet Album ‘Genesis’ (ALBUM REVIEW)Late in 2022, we covered the unearthed discovery, Elvin Jones’ Revival: Live at Pookie’s Pub, recorded in 1967 when Jones led a quartet that featured saxophonist Joe Farrell. In subsequent years Jones often featured a chordless trio that featured either Farrell, Dave Liebman, or Frank Foster. Yet, on this re-issue, Genesis, the third installment in […]