Le notizie dei principali magazine musicali online del mondo. In ordine sparso potrete leggere in tempo reale gli ultimi cinque articoli pubblicati dalle riviste scelte. Buona lettura. (La redazione)
- Kenan Thompson, Bowen Yang and Mikey Day on ‘Saturday Night Live’ Cast Overhaul: ‘You Just Keep Going’The 'SNL' veterans opened up about working with new castmembers Marcello Hernandez, Molly Kearney, Michael Longfellow and Devon Walker.
- The Guns N' Roses frontman says he'll refrain from the band's 30-year tradition at live shows after a fan was reportedly injured.
- The 'Phantom of the Opera' touring lead revealed earlier this year that he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.
- Cannon shared a health update with fans on Instagram, where he posted selfies from his hospital bed.
- 'It’s like going back to the roots of why I love music and what I love about records,' Crowe said.
- A 33-year-old man named Patrick Xavier Clark was charged with murdering the rapper in Houston
- The Singles – Volume 01 collects material from 2001-2006
- The musician was convicted of violent disorder and possessing a bottle as an offensive weapon
- A tribute to the late Low drummer and vocalist Mimi Parker
- The rapper’s first solo track since “D.M.B.”
- “Attacking the Constitution… should be universally condemned,” White House Deputy Secretary says, alongside the rest of the sane world
- Complaint accuses company of fraud, price fixing, and antitrust violations
- Mamma Mia! meets Wowee Zowee at three-day workshop/ultimate absurdist theater experience
- Despite out-chancing the Dutch in Round of 16 game, USMNT's time in Qatar comes to a 3-1 end
- What starts as an offbeat portrait of an oddball underground filmmaker turns into something far more complicated, affectionate and moving
The Independent Music
- Home secretary Suella Braverman said she was forced to take ‘immediate action’
- Fury retained the WBC heavyweight title by securing a TKO in round 10
- It took everything they had once again but Argentina are into the last eight of the World Cup in Qatar
- The ‘Gypsy King’ had just beat his old British rival Derek Chisora in 10 one-sided rounds.
- Argentina 2-1 Australia: On a landmark night, Messi produced the moment of magic to steer La Albiceleste into the quarter-finals, even as they were forced to hang on at the end
- New York punks the So So Glos have shared a new Christmas song. “This Could Be Christmas” features Peter Richard “Spider” Stacy, former member of the Pogues, writers of the 1988 yuletide classic “Fairytale Of New York.”
- Over the summer, an updated iteration of Pantera announced plans to regroup for a reunion tour, playing their first shows in 21 years, with guitarist Zakk Wylde and Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante (replacing Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul, respectively) joining vocalist Phil Anselmo and bassist Rex Brown on a headlining trek across a number of […]
- Italian rock crew Måneskin are currently on a US tour, and last night they performed the first of two shows at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom. While on stage, the band covered Lana Del Rey’s 2012 hit “Blue Jeans,” telling the audience, “We’re in New York, and this city has been the house of some of […]
- Mexico bedroom-pop performer BRATTY (Jenny Juárez) has announced a guest-stacked EP, Es Mi Fiesta Y Si Quiero Hago Un, coming January 5. Following her 2021 LP tdbn, it features collabs with Metronomy, Yawners, Depresión Sonora, Álvaro Díaz, NSQK y Méne, and Cariño. “It’s my birthday party and the collaborators are my guests,” Juárez said in […]
- Tributes continue to pour in for the late Fleetwood Mac singer and keyboardist Christine McVie, who passed away at the age of 79 on Wednesday. On Thursday night, during his Love On Tour show in Chile, Harry Styles paid tribute to McVie by covering “Songbird,” the McVie-written closer to 1977’s Rumours. “Thank you, Christine,” Styles […]
- "Low’s music has been incredibly useful to me; it’s like an antidote to anxiety,” says Storefront Church The post Phoebe Bridgers and Storefront Church pay tribute to Mimi Parker with cover of Low’s ‘Words’ appeared first on NME.
- If today's 'Moviedle' puzzle is causing you trouble, here's the answer The post Here’s the ‘Moviedle’ answer and hints for today (December 4) appeared first on NME.
- Where in the world? The post Globle answer today – here’s the answer and hints for December 4 appeared first on NME.
- You’ve been framed The post Framed answer today – here’s the solution for December 4 appeared first on NME.
- There's no need to lose your streak – here's the 'Wordle' answer for today The post Today’s Wordle answer and hints for #533 on December 4 appeared first on NME.
- The frontman ended every show by throwing his microphone into the crowd for 30 years. Axl Rose Won’t Throw His Microphone Into Guns N’ Roses Crowds Anymore After Injuring Fan Carys Anderson
- Ticketmaster underestimated the demand for the tour and had to cancel its general sale after the pre-sale crashed the website. Taylor Swift Fans Sue Ticketmaster Over “The Eras Tour” Pre-Sale Carys Anderson
- Philip Anselmo, Rex Brown, Zakk Wylde, and Charlie Benante performed a 15-song set at the Hell & Heaven festival in Mexico. Pantera Play First Concert in 21 Years: Video and Setlist Spencer Kaufman
- A second man has been charged with felony possession of a weapon in connection to the murder. Houston Police Arrest Suspect in Murder of Takeoff Wren Graves
- Two of the hottest rappers from the South celebrate their successful year. Rap Song of the Week: Latto and GloRilla Turn It Up on “FTCU” Eddie Fu and Joe Eckstein
- Listen to new holiday songs from Kurt Vile, The Linda Lindas, Phoebe Bridgers, Future Islands, Kadhja Bonet, Chubby & The Gang, Los Bitchos, Titus Andronicus, Lizzo, and more. Continue reading…
- Saturday’s NYC-area shows include Dinosaur Jr., Guided by Voices, LCD Soundsystem, The Hold Steady, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Open Mike Eagle, Combo Chimbita, Kiki & Herb, Midtown, and more. Continue reading…
- Plus: alt-J, Rabbit, Claire Rousay, Cheekface, John Waters, Bitchin Bajas, and more tour and festival news. Continue reading…
- This week's playlist includes new music by MIKE, One Step Closer, PinkPanthress, Anna B Savage, Billy Nomates, Quasi, Joe Rainey, Babyface Ray, Skinny Pelembe, and more. Continue reading…
- Listen to new songs by A$AP Rocky, Wolf Alice, Cassandra Jenkins, Lust for Youth, Wake (Jesu Remix), Pure Bathing Culture (Pretenders cover), and more. Continue reading…
- The first gig is in the books! Here's what fans had to say. Continue reading…
- Philip, Rex, Zakk and Charlie are bringing the Pantera legacy to the world. Continue reading…
- It finally happened. Continue reading…
- On Dec. 3, 2015, the iconic Stone Temple Pilots singer died while on tour. Continue reading…
- 'Blasting our way through the boundaries of Hell, no one can stop us tonight.' Continue reading…
Ultimate Classic Rock
- Burgeoning music channel brought more success — and complications — for the Red Rocker. Continue reading…
- The troubled singer left behind a complicated history. Continue reading…
- He's spent 20 years being one of the ex-Beatle's "paintbrushes." Continue reading…
- Phil Anselmo, Rex Brown, Zakk Wylde and Charlie Benante dominated at Mexico's Hell & Heaven Metal Fest. Continue reading…
- "I had 30 great years with them, then a really nice divorce – and, corny as it may sound, we are still family." Continue reading…
Under the Radar
- Welcome to the 41st Songs of the Week of 2022. We didn’t do a Songs of the Week last week because of the Thanksgiving holiday, so this week’s list covers songs from the last two weeks.
- Ahead of their new holiday special debuting today on The Roku Channel, Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith took some time to answer our questions about their favorite seasonal dishes to bake out-of-season, some of the differences between American and British competitors, and what happens on Bake Off when the cameras aren’t rolling.
- Australian songwriter and producer KESMAR (aka Nathan Hawes) makes a breezy brand of indie, splitting the difference between lo-fi bedroom pop and soft-hued vintage pop bliss. He debuted in 2019 with his Up To You EP and followed last year with his latest project, the Forever Holiday EP.
- Björk released a new album, Fossora, in September via One Little Independent (stream it here). Now she has shared a video for the album’s Sorrowful Soil,” shot at the active Fagradalsfjall volcano in her native Iceland.
- If you listen to Chicago band Tenci’s debut album, My Heart Is An Open Field, or their just released follow-up, A Swollen River, A Well Overflowing (on Keeled Scales), the first thing you are likely to notice is Jess Shoman’s voice.
- Featuring more than a hundred artists from twenty-one different countries, Tom Buchanan’s *Out of the Box* celebrates the significance of objects and the lost art of collecting. Here, the author talks us through eight of its subjects, including Richard Johnson, Nancy Fouts, and Mohamed Hafez
- 2022 marks 20 years of 24 Hour Party People, but also 20 years of a curious evolution of postmodernism in British cinema, finds Neil Fox
- Two new books from the venerable Rhode Islandnovelist prove to be vintage Cormac McCarthy – therein lies the problem, finds Jim Hilton
- He's the first artist to be officially confirmed for next year's event
- A report put together in the wake of this year's event also called on organisers to reduce noise
The Line of Best Fit
- The Japanese drone metal legends’ third record of the year, fade was released today under an alter ego (boris with a lower-case “b”).
- “La Jumpa” appears on Arcangel’s new album SR. SANTOS.
- The first multi-track statement from the FADER Label signee comes with a video for its standout second track, “Sunny D.”
- The new cut comes with a video courtesy of Malia Dishon.
- The project contains Peep’s latest viral hit, “nuts.”
- A suspect connected to the murder of Takeoff has been arrested. TMZ reports that 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark was taken into custody on Thursday evening (Dec. 1) in Houston and charged with the fatal shooting of the Migos rapper. Prosecutors said that Clark applied for an expedited passport a day after the murder and submitted […]
- So cold. Icewear Vezzo connects with Jeezy on his new “One Time” release. Directed by Diesel Films, Vezzo and Sno trade their gritty bars while loitering with their crew in an abandoned factory and the streets alongside a few Rolls Royces. “The streets been dead it’s too much telling,” raps Vezzo over the Antt Beatz-produced […]
- DZA season is here. Smoke DZA is living it up in his new video, “Season”. Directed by Slick Jackson, DZA kicks back and raps from the driver side of an SUV and makes his rounds through NYC with Westside Gunn and friends. “I agree, twisting up all kinda tree,” raps DZA while on a shopping […]
- Glo’s got the glow. GloRilla’s continues her epic run and made her Funkmaster Flex freestyle debut at Hot 97. With out hesitation, the rising star out and Grammy-nominated rapper from Memphis cracked the mic and noted her newfound success over Yo Gotti’s “Standing In Kitchen.” “I’m just a hood bitch that got some money now,” […]
- Have no fear. Fresh off the release of his new album, Heroes & Villains, Metro Boomin reunites with Future in his new video, “Superhero”. The song also features Chris Brown. Opened with a cinematic opening scene, Metro Boomin and Future are the hood saviours while they are depicted in various symbolic scenes. “Piss on your […]
- The multi-hyphenate played a sold-out show in the East Bay.
- Breakout singer-songwriter delivers thrilling show in San Francisco with support from Tiffany Day and Ryan Woods If you spent much of 2020 online, you might recognize Blu DeTiger from her viral TikTok covers. Playing a turquoise Fender Elite jazz bass, she’d put distinct spins on songs that united the Internet during life in quarantine, like […]
- London-based singer-songwriter shares gorgeous new ballad Merrick Winter has released his latest single “Veneer,” which explores a humble sound taken from his upbringing. Recorded at Fold Studios in East London and mastered at Abbey Road Studios by Alex Gordon, the single demonstrates Merrick’s talent in its finest form. Throughout, his vocals all work together with […]
- The Quin twins in San Francisco.
- The British rock band played a sold-out show in Oakland, in support of their seventh record, Life Is Yours.
- Pantera Performs First Show Since 2001 With ‘Cowboys From Hell’ & ‘Vulgar Display’ Packed Setlist (RECAP)Last night (November 2) at the Hell & Heaven Metal Festival at Foro Pegaso in Toluca, Mexico, a freshly half reunited, yet newly reconstructed Pantera played their first under the band’s banner in over 20 years. The post Pantera Performs First Show Since 2001 With ‘Cowboys From Hell’ & ‘Vulgar Display’ Packed Setlist (RECAP) appeared […]
- Hubert Murray is a Galway-born, Tullamore-based musician. His Distorted-Folk sound evolved from being lost in a house of mix-tapes and stacks of old folk & blues records. He sifted through each one, de-composing their lyrics and melodies. Hubert’s songs feature lost loves, inner demons, compulsive liars & daydreamers. On his latest single “Arrow”, Hubert Murray […]
- Reminding one of the famous David Bowie lines “homo sapiens have outgrown their use”, Marthe Halvorsen’s latest single “For The Dreamers & the Bold” goes on to say that humans “don’t make sense anymore.” In so many ways both of these lines are right but both of them exist within the confines of a medium […]
- For the first time in over 20 years, Pantera returns to the stage. The band was caught sound-checking at the Hell & Heaven Metal Fest set to kick off tonight (December 2), this will be the first time any member of the original Pantera lineup will play under the band’s banner since 2001. The return […]
- Today alt-J announces a tour celebrating the 10th anniversary of their Mercury Prize-winning debut album, An Awesome Wave. Starting in March of 2023, each show on the tour will feature a full performance of the album for the first time in the US The post Alt-J Announces 10th Anniversary ‘An Awesome Wave’ Tour appeared first on Glide Magazine.